FlipGrid Your Sub Plans

Substitute Plans

I know we have all had those days.  You know, the ones where your kid is throwing up….or you are throwing up…and you had this wonderful, engaging, needs to be explained by you lesson planned for the day.  You know that what you write on paper is not going to make sense.  What do you do?  Do you call in and explain in excruciating detail how to do the lesson?  Do you scrap it and wait for another day?  NO!  You FlipGrid your sub plans.

Here is an example of how I used FlipGrid to leave instructions for my students.  The instructions are not really complicated, but I felt better explaining them myself.  I published the link to the video on Google Classroom.  Enjoy my video: 

Student Responses

I have had students use FlipGrid as well.  I have posted a video of a student responding to a current event prompt.  She did not want to be in the video, so she videoed the ceiling.  I chose this video because (I am sure) some of your students may start out being shy about being on camera.  Also, if you have high school students that their parents do not want their image on the web, this is a way to safeguard your students.

Student Economic Current Event

Hope you try out FlipGrid soon!

One thought on “FlipGrid Your Sub Plans

1. Hi Sara,

This is a great idea! I do some sub teaching myself and I think this sort of approach would be really handy. It could save time and make things clearer for everyone.

Thanks for sharing! 🙂